Tuesday 5 September 2017

God expects you to grow your gift!




2 Timothy 1: 6 “Kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you.”

For many years I didn’t do anything, I just sat around and watched TV and looked after my children. I never had any hobbies and if I did something I was reminded that my hobbies were for old ladies. I stopped doing anything I loved.

Then a couple of years ago I was encouraged to do the things I love and enjoy. I read that God expects us to make the most of what He gives us.  We should make the most of our gifts and talents. I started baking cakes; I started baking cupcakes and biscuits. In the beginning they were not that great but as I practiced baking I started to get the knack of things.

I then wanted to learn how to paint beautiful landscapes and animals. I took a fine arts class and studied the art of painting on canvas.  I love this and when I am in the right mood I am able to pain beautifully. 

I used to be afraid that I would fail and people would laugh at me, but I soon learned they didn’t laugh and encouraged me. I did many things fearfully but I persevered and made an attempt. I would bake cakes on order and pray that the people enjoyed the cakes.

Prayer

Please Lord help me to reach the goals that I set for myself, help me do the best I can and let me do my work according to Your will.  As I grow my talents and gifts show me where I can improve and help me give my best always in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...