Wednesday 4 July 2018

Bless my job, LORD


Deuteronomy 28: 8 ESV
“The LORD commands the blessing on you in your barns and in all that you undertake.  And he will bless you in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.”

I know in the past I used to view my job as a means to earning money.  It never occurred to me that I had a calling and God placed me in a position for a reason. I believe until you reach that point of understanding you may not see your job as a calling.

I don’t mind serving other people, it’s a pleasure and I enjoy it.  In 1 Peter 4 verse 11, I see that “… whoever serves, as one who serves by the strength that God supplies.” I have the strength from God to serve others.

It is important to equip yourself with your job.  We are reminded in Proverbs 1 verse 5 “Let the wise hear and increase in learning and the one who understands obtain guidance.” Learn as much as you can about your job. In doing that you are equipping yourself.

I realized when I was doing my job in the past it would be for a Manager. I wanted his favour but lately, it struck me that I actually am working for the Lord.  Ephesians 6: 7 – 8 “rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, knowing that whatever good anyone does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether he is a slave or free.” 

My contract job is a gift from God and I never view my job as punishment. Ecclesiastes 5 verse 19 “Everyone also to whom God has given wealth and possessions and power to enjoy them, and to accept his lot and rejoice in his toil – this is the gift of God.” I have been out of work for a very long time, God allowed me to get this job and I will praise Him for it. Thank You, so much Lord.

In the past, I struggled with criticism but lately, I thought about it and I realized I can make this work for me. I am not perfect and remember I am still learning, I decided to try harder and work towards improving myself. Proverbs 13 verse 18 “Poverty and disgrace come to him who ignores instruction, but whoever heeds reproof is honoured.”

There are times that you need to actually go the extra mile in your job. I am reminded of Matthew 5 verse 41 “and if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles.” In the long run, I believe this pays off.  My husband constantly reminds me that give them more than what they expect. Abundance is something he constantly is preaching.
Prayer
Lord, O my God, thank You, so much for my job.  You know that I am so blessed and that without You, I would not have been here. I am giving 100% of my attention to my work. I go the extra mile and do my best for all concerned. Thank You, for blessing me today and the rest of my life. I am so blessed with You in my life in the name of Jesus Christ Amen.

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Customers need only to use that code QCQF9PBG at time of checkout to get the 50% off deal.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...