Thursday 5 July 2018

Threats each day!


Proverbs 16: 23 – 24 AMP

“The heart of the wise instructs his mouth [in wisdom] and adds persuasiveness to his lips. Pleasant words are like a honeycomb, sweet and delightful to the soul and healing to the body.”

I read that Geoffrey Chaucer wrote, “Many a true word is spoken in jest.” I tend to believe this, in my family, there is someone that is constantly threating to slap or hit me. If I walk into the kitchen and that person is there they would say “I almost slapped you.”  I just look at them.  In the beginning, it was funny but lately, I find them offensive and they are working on my nerves.

Looking at this person makes me think that their inner person is filled with passive aggressive acts and they are unable to deal with it.  It’s clear they don’t have a kind or nice word to say.  The words that pour out of their mouths are filled with disdain and sarcasm which I have spoken about on numerous occasions. It’s clear their thoughts are what they are carrying around in their hearts.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we know that our thoughts are from our inner man or woman. Please teach us to focus on the good things in our lives. Steering clear of negativity, changing our thoughts to the sweet word and focusing on the good things in life. In the name of Christ Jesus of Nazareth. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...