Thursday 12 July 2018

The Price in Giving?


2 Samuel 24: 23 ESV

“But the king said to Araunah, “No, but I will buy it from you for a price.  I will not offer burnt offerings to the LORD my God that cost me nothing.”  So David bought the threshing floor and the oxen for fifty shekels of silver.”

I wonder if it is hard for you to put money in the offerings at the church on Sunday, and what about your tithings? I have been thinking about what Kind David did.

He wanted to praise God and wanted to bring an offering.  I see that this guy Araunah wanted to give everything to King David for free.  King David refused to take the gift but insisted on paying the full price for the threshing floor and oxen fifty shekels of silver.

Giving is something we must learn doing, it's nothing we do willingly.

I have heard it said, “give until it hurts.”

Prayer

Dear Lord, You know I love You, I do. I try and give as much as I can and I just want to say thank You, for giving back to me. In the name of my Lord, and Saviour Jesus Christ. Amen
Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...