Monday 23 July 2018

In Times Like These!


Hebrews 13:6 (AMP)
So we take comfort and are encouraged and confidently say,
The Lord is my Helper [in time of need], I will not be afraid.
What will man do to me?”


I believe that I would not have made it through the past two months without God. June our tenant took his own life, the suicide threw everybody off balance. My husband told me when he walked into the main bedroom the young man had turned blue. I think he must have suffocated. This death upset my entire life for the next two months.

As I reflect on this, I believe I lost it emotionally. The children started reminiscing and longing for their deceased mother. The atmosphere at home is still charged negatively and very volatile. A sense of loss is tangible and I don’t always know how to deal with this. I try not to take anything personally but sometimes I do and it hurts me.

I will stay focused on God, and I will not let go of His hands. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I believe that He will help me.

Prayer

Lord You, are my helper I will not be afraid. Who can harm me? Thank You, for keeping us safe during this difficult time. I pray for guidance and help today, I was so worried about my life going forward and I have come to realise that You are the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. I will focus only one You. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and saviour thank You. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...