Thursday 15 November 2018

“Be careful little tongue what you say.”




James 1: 26 – 27 AMP

“If anyone thinks himself to be religious [scrupulously observant of the rituals of his faith], and does not control his tongue but deludes his own heart, this person’s religion is worthless (futile, barren). Pure and unblemished religion [as it is expressed in outward acts] in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit and look after the fatherless and the widows in their distress, and to keep oneself uncontaminated by the [secular] world.”

In honesty I believe I am the one person who is very good with putting my foot in my mouth on more than one occasion. I have made so many faux pas when it comes to my own family. Without thinking I would “like” each and every post on Facebook, not really reading what is said. I just go ahead and “like” the post. Oops! I did it again.

My goodness and what about my filters?  Talking to my husband and blurting out what I think of this that or the other and guess what I have said something to offend him, my children or my step children. No filters!!! What is wrong with me?

It isn’t an easy task to keep a reign on this tongue of mine; I have the ability to cut people with my words. But I want to become pleasing to the Lord my God, I want to practice His Word. James is reminding me to control my tongue. I need to show people love and I have to remember what God is teaching me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord, I come before You today and I dedicate my life back into Your hands. I pray asking that You place a guard over my mouth. Help me to watch what I say and to love people and not treat them the way they treat me. I want to be obedient to Your Word. I want to grow in Spiritual maturity. Please Lord, place this guard over my mouth and help me to act and treat people with the best intentions all the time. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen



Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...