Thursday 1 November 2018

Out of my control!



Exodus 4: 2 NIV “Then the LORD said to him, “What is that in your hand?” “A staff,” he replied.”

Now Moses was speaking to the LORD and the LORD wanted Moses to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Moses was a shepherded at the time and he had a staff in his hands. God used Moses’s staff.

Think about this, Moses’s staff represents his job, what he does and who he is at the moment. What is in your hand? I have been thinking about this. I am holding onto my job with all my might. Now I find that the harder I hold onto it the more difficult and stressful it is.

Its like putting sand in the palms of my hand, the minute I close my hand the sand runs out between my fingers. The minute I open my hand the sand stays in my palm. What am I trying to say?

I don’t have any control over what I will be doing in my life next year. I don’t want to let go, but in all reality, I have no chose in the matter. I must let go and trust in the LORD. I am going to surrender my difficult situation into the LORDS hand.

Today I am taking the courage to surrender this thing I am holding on into God’s hands. I am going to trust God with this matter and next year I will bring God glory.

Prayer

LORD, I know You are in control over my life. I realise that I am struggling with this matter and You know my heart. Today I want to humbly come and surrender my situation into Your hands. I am holding on to it with all my might and it's very hard to surrender it into Your hands. Please Lord, this is my situation and I want to ask You to help me going forward. It pains me but I believe You are in control over my life.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen



Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...