Thursday 15 November 2018

#Rejection - Thursday




Philippians 4: 6 AMP

“Do not be anxious or worried about anything, but in everything [every circumstance and situation] by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, continue to make your [specific] requests know to God.”

My friends and my husband constantly say things like “why do you worry about what others think of you?” The truth is I do want their approval and feel like I fit in. The fact remains that I don’t have many friends and it seems like I never am good enough for even people in my life. I work hard not to feel rejected when someone says something I feel a little tender about. Sometimes people say and do things that hurt me and I suppose I actually do the same to them too. Those little actions can stick and sting.  I must guard against that little seed of rejection which I fear could turn into a root of bitterness in my own heart causing havoc in my own life.

I know God has created me different to most people, yes it’s difficult to always understand me. I know God has a purpose and a plan for my life. I know God said He has a future for me and a good plan. Then why do I lose sight of God in these times of rejection? Why am I so lightly touched and take offence? The tiniest action or word can make me feel so rejected. Have I lost my identity in Christ?

I know I need to remind myself daily that God loves me so much that He made me co-heir with Christ. He gave His only begotten Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for my rejections and fears, I just need to remember that God loves me regardless of what others think or say about me. I wear a bracelet on my right arm inscribe on it “Isaiah 43: 1” God called me by name I am His.

Prayer

Abba Father, I want to bring the root of my bitterness to You today in the name of Jesus Christ. I forgive the people who have said things against me knowingly and unknowingly. Lord, if I have taken offence about anything in my own life, I pray please forgive me. I forgive the people for offending me. I pray to forgive them too; I believe that You have loved me and made me a co-heir with Christ. I am Your child You, have called me by my name, I belong to You. I cut these feelings of rejection and abonnement in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ. Amen




Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...