Wednesday 7 November 2018

Giving God the Glory!


Acts 12: 23 AMP And at once an angel of the Lord struck him down because he did not give God the glory [and instead permitted himself to be worshipped], and he was eaten by worms and die [five days later].

Today I want to encourage you to bring praise and worship our Lord God. Jesus Christ died on the cross for both you and me. We have so many gifts and God is blessing each of our lives all the time. Today, I am grateful for a warm jacket, a job and food in my stomach. I can sit in my office and do my job without being afraid of any disaster coming my way. God sends His angels to protect each and every one of us.

Now I see that on an appointed day Herod decided to dress up in his royal robes and sit down on his throne. He was giving a speech to the people. All of a sudden the assembled people kept on shouting “It is the voice of a god and not of a man!”

Oh, how impressed this king must have felt because he did not speak out against the crowd telling them to stop, no he accepted their praise and worship. At that moment the LORD sent an angel who struck him down.  He was eaten by worms for 5 days before he died.

Make no mistake God is not mocked. Whatever we sow we will reap.

To come into the presence of God, we need to worship and praise God. We need to give our God the glory and honour due to His name. God created each one of us and He loved us so much that He gave His only begotten Son for our sins.

Prayer

O LORD, God I want to come into Your presence with praise and I want to bring You glory and honour. Lord, You are my salvation, You are my life and I want to worship You. Lord, You are Awesome, You are Wonderful, You are my Salvation, You are my Counselor, Lord I want to say thank You that Your good news of salvation through Jesus Christ continues to grow and spread throughout this world. I want to bring You all the glory and honour. Praising Your Holy Name, because Lord You are Holy, Holy, Holy and there is none like You. I worship You Lord in the Holy Name of Your son Jesus Christ. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...