Monday 5 November 2018

The Complete Armor of God


 Ephesians 6: 13 – 17 Amplified Bible

“Therefore, put on the complete armor of God, so that you will be able to [successfully] resist and stand your ground in the evil day [of danger] and having done everything [that the crisis demands], to stand firm [in your place, fully prepared, immovable, victorious]. So stand firm and hold your ground, having tightened the wide band of truth [personal integrity, moral courage] around your waist and having put on the breastplate of righteousness [an upright heart],  and having strapped on your feet the gospel of peace in preparation [to face the enemy with firm-footed stability and the readiness produced by the good news]. Above all, lift up the [protective] shield of faith with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. And take the Helmet of Salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.”

Today I want to encourage you to put on the complete armour of God. I don’t think we realise just how very important our armour is in this day and age. Each morning we wake up with a song in our hearts. Thank You, Lord God for a new day, for Your mercies new every morning. I know I am so grateful for a new day. It means I have an opportunity to work hard and glorify the Lord.

Today I believe God wants both you and me to upon our complete armour of God. We are strengthening ourselves against the attacks the devil has laid out for each one of us.
I also have the habit in pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will clothe me and help me face today. I feel our days are very difficult and if we don’t dress properly we are going to fail. Think of it like this, you get out of bed and take a quick shower, the first thing you do is dry yourself off and then cover yourself with some nice smelling cream. That’s what I do, and then I start with my undergarments and then the rest of my clothes. I have noticed that the cream has a beautiful fragrance and when I am hot and sweating you are able to smell my body’s perfume. A pleasant fragrance, I will walk past my husband and he will say you smell nice.

Your armour is supposed to be this fragrance; it must be the first thing we put on so that we can stand each day.

Prayer
O Lord, heavenly Father, and today we put on the complete armour of God. Lord, we want to successfully resist and stand our ground against the danger today. We, Lord, want to deal with any crisis successfully. Lord, I am asking that You will help us and guide us so that we are able to stand firm, not moving. Help us with our personal integrity and let our moral courage stand out. We want to always have upright hearts so that we can face the enemy in any situation. Please help us and protect us in this day and age. As we dress in the complete armour of God and also clothe ourselves in the Lord Jesus Christ. Thank You, Lord, for answered prayers. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...