Friday 16 November 2018

#gracetothehumble


1 Peter 5: 5 AMP

“Likewise, you younger men [of lesser rank and experience], be subject to your elders [eek their counsel]; and all of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another [tie on the servant’s apron], for GOD IS OPPOSED TO THE PROUD [the disdainful, the presumptuous, and He defeats them], BUT HE GIVES GRACE TO THE HUMBLE.”

Sometimes life can come with a curveball. I have been experiencing a difficult year all around. Just when I think I’m getting there something comes my way and poof I’m out. The most difficult situations are the ones I experience psychologically. Like in my mind, and I sense things are wrong but I have no control over them. Also, I realize there is another situation I just cannot control and I feel helpless about it.

When situations are difficult and I just don’t know what to do, I cry out to God. This morning my mind was racing and the devil was planting all kinds of seeds. Trying to get me upset about something at home. I kept on going to God, and Satan kept on throwing things in my mind. I finally fell off to sleep and when I woke up I didn’t think about anything bad.

I realise I am not perfect and when I allow the devil to throw seeds in my garden and I start watering them they will grow and make me miserable. The best thing I do is pray, and pray and pray. I am not able to do anything about any of my problems, I didn’t cause them intentionally but they are there. I believe God is in control.

God, You give grace to the humble. I want to repent of my pride asking You to please forgive me. I humbly ask for help about two matters You are aware of in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Prayer

Heavenly Father, O LORD, You know we are so full of pride and think that we are able to sort out everything in our lives. But the fact remains I cannot do anything about any of the problems I am facing. My relationships and my work and my family and not forgetting my finances. Lord all I can do is ask You humbly please help me going forward. I humbly come into Your presence in humble prayer asking You please, please forgive me I have a sinful nature and I cannot do this on my own. I am in urgent need of Your help. My life is a mess and I don’t know what will become of me. In the holy name of Jesus Christ, I pray. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...