Wednesday 14 November 2018

#Taunting thoughts


Don’t fear
Isaiah 43: 1 – 2 AMP “But now, says the LORD – the one who created you, Jacob, the one who formed you, Israel; Don’t fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; when through the rivers, they won’t sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you won’t be scorched and flame won’t burn you.”

I have come to realise that I have allowed taunting thoughts to overwhelm me. I would wake up in the morning worrying about what was going to happen today. Then I would carry this worry with me thought out the day. By the end of the day, these taunting thoughts would have diminished my self-esteem, paralyzing and demoralizing me. I would be crying all day and hate speech would come to mine.

I would feel tired and miserable not able to do much. Feelings of hopelessness will overwhelm me, I would feel terrible and it would be so paralyzing that I would not be able to work or do anything. I don’t want to eat anything and I am distracted.

I realise that I allowed the devil to sow a seed of fear and remind me of a sin, I have not confessed and it would plague me. Until I confess this sin, it would haunt me day and night.  I also realised that I have forgotten my identity and who I am in Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Thank You, for today, I want to pray about these thoughts that taunt me constantly. You know that I have confessed my sins, I have spoken to the person and I have confessed it to You. Lord, still I feel these thoughts taunt me, day and night. My life feels like it is falling apart. I want to confess Your word Romans 10 verse 17 “faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” I want to confess that You will never fail me and that I can stand on Your Word. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ. Please help me face this problem. Amen

Romans 10:17, Paul states, “Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” 

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...