Monday 12 November 2018

Unforgivenss gives Satan a foothold in your life!


2 Corinthians 2: 10 – 11 AMP

“If you forgive anyone anything, I too forgive [that one]; and what I have forgiven, if I have forgiven anything, has been for your sake in the presence of [and with the approval of] Christ, to keep Satan from taking advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his schemes.”

I have been drawing near to the Lord my God, these past couple of weeks and I was reminded that I needed to deal with a root of bitterness. I was surprised when this thought came up. What bitterness? Then I started to reflect over my past. Yes, there are people I am still angry with and I am harbouring unforgiveness towards them. I have been praying about my state of mind and my attitude. I know that I should and must let go of these negative thoughts.

If I want the Holy Spirit to operate in my life, I have to forgive and let go of old hurts. I also realised that God isn't able to forgive me if I don’t forgive others. I decided to focus my time and engery on these old hurts. I have decided to let go ot them. God know my heart and understanding what I went through.

I want to know God is able to work through me and I can only allow this when I am free of unforgiveness. I want to be open to the Holy Spirit and only by the grace of God can I get through this.

Prayer

O dear Lord, Abba Father, I humbly stand before You, please help me to let go of past hurts and unforgiveness that I might be holding onto knowingly or unknowingly. I am drawing near to YOU, I want to rekindle our relationship and I want the Holy Spirit to operate in my life freely. I forgive those who hurt and offended me knowingly and unknowlingly in the Holy name of Jesus Christ my Lord and my Saviour. Amen

Inspired by today’s devotion? Share it with someone!

Follow me: 
Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...