Sunday 16 May 2021

God delights in us.

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

May 16

God delights in us.


Zephaniah 3: 17 (AMP)


17 "The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Saviour [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction], and in His love, He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing."


  Zephaniah writes, "The Lord your God is in the midst of you." As I read this, I feel so blessed to know the Lord is here with me. I am not alone. I feel like I have a superhero in my corner. I do not have to worry about things, and my hero loves me because He said that He saves me.


He rejoices over me with joy, and He forgets all my sins and trespasses. D L Moody wrote, "God has cast our confessed sins into the depts of the sea, and His even put a "No Fishing" sign over the spot." I feel so blessed considering that He exults over me with singing.


I don't know of people that will do half of what the Lord my God is doing for us. We are o blessed. I will take these words into my heart, and may the Holy Spirit make it grow and be blessed.


Prayer

Father God, thank you for delighting in us, thank you for the word of reassurance and thank you that You rejoice over each one of us with joy and most of all thank you for forgetting our sins and thank you, Lord, for exulting over each one of us with singing. In the Holy Name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...