Saturday 22 May 2021

Take My yoke.

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

May 22

Take My yoke.


Matthew 11:29 (AMP)


29 "Take My yoke upon you and learn of Me, for I am gentle (meek) and humble (lowly) in heart, and you will find rest (relief and ease and refreshment and recreation and blessed quiet) for your souls."


  I think it's only by the grace of God that we can take the yoke of the Lord Jesus. It is because the Lord enables us to choose to do so. Nevertheless, we still have to ask the Lord to do it. Once we take the yoke of the Lord Jesus upon us, we become holy. I have noticed people are drawn to Holiness because it is attractive. Because Holiness is beautiful, I am asking the Lord to enhance my beauty with His Holiness.


I desire to become holy and to live according to God's Word. In taking the Lord's yoke upon my life, I am also inviting the Holy Spirit to come and abide in me. I desire to live right before God each day.


Prayer


Father God, before the foundation of the world, you choose me. I desire to take Your yoke upon me today. Lord, I want to be holy and without blame before You in love. Please create in me a pure heart, for I desire to see You, Lord. In the name of Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...