Wednesday 5 May 2021

#consciousness

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

May 5

Consciousness

Matthew 3: 17 (NIV)

17 "And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him, I am well pleased."

  On reading Matthew 3, we come to realize that the Lord Jesus was on his way from Galilee to the Jordan River to be baptized by John. When John saw the Lord, he tried to deter him by saying, "I need to be baptized by you, and do you come to me?" To which the Lord Jesus said, "Let it be so now; for thus, it fits for us to fulfil all righteousness."

As Jesus went through the water and came out, the heavens opened, and the Spirit of God descended like a dove and alighted on Jesus Christ. We then see the Father saying, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him, I am well pleased." We desire to have the consciousness of Christ in our own lives.

Like, babies, we see our reflection in the mirror but still do not recognize who we are in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Prayer

Lord, we want to pray for a consciousness of the Lord Jesus Christ in our own lives. Draw us near to You Lord and help us grow spiritually. In the name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...