Wednesday 19 May 2021

Be Strong

 by Yvette van Niekerk




May 19


Be Strong.


Joshua 1:9 (AMP)

9 "Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. Be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."


  This command is from the Lord, our God. "Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous." You know growing older we lose our strength, I find that there are many things that I used to do that I cannot do anymore.


I also see that I don't have the same vigour I used to have; it seems as the day progresses. I lose my energy. I realize that I need the courage to face each situation in my life. I need the strength to overcome obstacles in my life. Yes, I would love to do what I did in my everyday life, I cannot, and it's become too hard. I take courage in the fact that the Lord my God is with me and that I can call on Him ~ He is with me wherever I go. Augustine wrote, "When God is our strength, it is strength indeed; when our strength is our own, it is only weakness."


Well, change is inevitable, and I will not be afraid, neither will I be dismayed, for the Lord my God is with me wherever I go. Hallelujah.


Prayer

Abba Father, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I want to pray that You will help me to stay healthy, vigorous, and very courageous. I want to have the assurance that was every I go You Lord is with me. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...