Thursday 6 May 2021

Surrender an Allegiance to the Lord Jesus.

by Yvette van Niekerk



 May 6

Surrender an Allegiance to the Lord Jesus.

Matthew 10: 37 (NIV)

37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.”


  We know when studying the word of God that the Lord Jesus demands that we will sever our dearest and closest ties with family and friends, making allegiance with the Lord Jesus Christ.


We also know that once we have accepted the Lord Jesus as our Lord and Saviour, we are in right standing with God. Our salvation is dependent on believing in the Lord Jesus Christ.


We can know without a doubt that the Blood of Jesus Christ saves us. Now we were learning that God is the most merciful person in this world. Even when I mess up, God understands. Because God has cut me some slack, I can do the same for the people around me.


Prayer

Lord, as we consider our relationship with You today, please help us realize that we need to surrender and accept an allegiance with You today. Draw us into Your kingdom as we call upon You in the name of Jesus, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...