Wednesday 12 May 2021

My Spirit

by Yvette van Niekerk 


May 12

My Spirit


Isaiah 59: 21 (AMP)


21 "As for Me, this is My covenant or league with them, says the Lord: My Spirit, Who is upon you [and Who writes the law of God inwardly on the heart], and My words which I have put in your mouth shall not depart out of your mouth, or out of the mouths of your [true, spiritual] children, or out of the mouths of your children's children, says the Lord, from henceforth and forever."


  I say "My Spirit" refers to the Holy Spirit, sent by the Father as Comforter to His children. We are the born-again children, heirs of God. God's Spirit can only work in our lives if we are obedient to Him. I think we chase after all kinds of assignments, and we believe we have purpose and chase after it. But when it comes to experiencing the Spirit of the Lord, are we open to receive Him? 


If we can be obedient to the Lord by allowing His Spirit into our lives, we can enjoy a lifetime of blessings. We need to teach our children about the Lord Jesus, the Comforter, who is the Holy Spirit.


Prayer


O LORD God, I am grateful that "You have made a covenant promise to us, Your Spirit, which rests on and moves in us and LORD Your words, which You have placed within us, will continue to be spoken among us and move us into action. LORD not only for us but also for our children and their children too." In Jesus' Name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...