Friday 16 February 2018

The Spirit helps you die.


I believe we have to attend two important appointments in our lives. The first appointment is unknown, death. We do not know when our number is up and we are called home. The second appointment is unknown, judgement day.

2 Timothy 4: 16 – 17 (ESV)

“At my first defence no one came to stand by me, but all deserted me. May it not be charged against them! But the Lord stood by me and strengthened me so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. So I was rescued from the lion’s mouth.”

Paul was going to through a tough time and it was clear that he was distressed. The thing that stood out for me is in his hour of need all his friends deserted him. He was left standing alone; he didn’t have any support when he needed it the most. Paul also said he received strength from the Lord. His strength carried him through that he actually said it will to the advantage of the Gentiles. 

When I die it is my hope that my family will be there with me, supporting and encouraging me on my way home. I also want the very same for all of my family and friends. If we have to die alone it would be terrible. But I draw strength from the message that the Spirit that is within me will be with me when I die. I believe the Holy Spirit will help me enter the next dimension.

Prayer

Lord we cannot do this on our own. Please help us when our time comes to die. We cannot go through this on our own, Holy Spirit we will need Your help. Amen


Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...