Tuesday 6 February 2018

3 Ways of Praying for Children




Praying for our children is the most important thing we can do because we stand in the gap for our children.

Scripture thought:  Proverbs 13: 20 (AMP) "He who walks [as a companion] with wise men will be wise, but the companions of [conceited, dull-witted] fools [are fools themselves and] will experience harm."

I believe it is important to pray that our children will attract Godly friends and role models. We know when they leave our homes they will have to fend for themselves.

Proverbs 3: 1 - 2 (AMP) The Rewards of Wisdom "My son, do not forget my [a] teaching but let your heart keep my commandments; for length of days and years of life [worth living] and tranquility and prosperity [the wholeness of life's blessings] they will add to you." Daily Devotional Ebenezer

Praying for our children to grow hungry for God's Word. Let our children become people of stature. Let them be reliable and a source of strength. Praying against laziness and slothfulness and not lusting after the flesh.

As Christian mothers, we pray that our children will become the people God created them to be. In 2 Timothy 1: 9 (AMP) "for He delivered us and saved us and called us with a holy calling [a calling that leads to a consecrated life - a life set apart - a life of purpose], not because of our works [or because of any personal merit - we could do nothing to earn this], but because of His own purpose and grace [His amazing, undeserved favor] which was granted to us in Christ Jesus before the world began [eternal ages ago], ..." Daily Devotional Ebenezer

Yes, sometimes we feel a cloud of guilt covering our thoughts when we think of our children. Some children just don't take counsel from their parents. I am grateful that the Lord Jesus didn't hold the prodigal son's father accountable for his actions. I believe that there comes a time when children grow up and take accountability for their own lives. Kellan Publishing

We sometimes feel we failed our children but God is faithful and will forgive us. As I confess my own mistakes before God I pray for His blessing over my children. Here is a promise in Jeremiah 31: 16 - 17 (AMP) "Thus says the Lord, 'Restrain your voice from weeping and your eyes from tears, for your work will be rewarded,' says the Lord; and your children will return from the enemy's land. "The is [confident] hope for your future," says the Lord; your children will come back to their own country."

Today I want to encourage you to keep on praying for your children.

Heavenly Father, I want to pray for all of my children and ask You to please help them attract Godly friends who will be good role models to them in their lives. Please Lord, create a hunger and thirst for You and drawing closer to You. Please let them be the person You have created them to be. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.  Amen

Yvette van Niekerk ~ Author

Follow me on:
My Blog: God’s Orchid
Twitter: Twitter



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...