Thursday 1 February 2018

Your life can change drastically “for want of a nail.”


"For want of a nail, a horseshoe was lost,
for want of a horseshoe, a horse went lame,
for want of a horse, a rider never got through,
for want of a rider, a message never arrived,
for want of a message an army was never sent,
for want of an army a battle was lost,
for want of a battle, a war was lost,
for want of a war, a kingdom fell,
and all for want of a nail.
– Unknown"

Every time I read this old proverb I think of people who drop the ball so to speak they need to carry out a simple assignment and believe it isn’t important enough. Their lack of self-discipline causes a disaster which could have been avoided.

It is clear that Jabez wanted to change his life, his mother named him Jabez which means “Pain.” He decided to change things around and actually did something about it, he prayed to the Lord and asked the LORD to help him.

It is my heart’s desire to do my best job now, even if it is considered to be a small assignment and seems minuscule. Spending time with the LORD and asking the Holy Spirit to open my eyes and ears so that I am able to ask God to help me enlarge my influence. Taking the time and asking God to expand my wealth. I believe we need to be specific and learn to pray bigger prayers. If Jabez felt he needed a change in his life and actually bowed down asking God to expand his influence and enlarge his territory, why can’t you?

Prayer

Abba Father, thank You, for answered prayers, thank You for enlarging my territory and thank You also for helping me enlarge my influence in life. Holy Spirit comes into our lives and shows us what we need to pray about. Guide us and teach us, in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...