Thursday 15 February 2018

Do you allow Satan to make you feel insecure?


What is your answer to my question? Are there parts of your life which Satan is using to make you feel insecure?

John 15: 16 (AMP)
"You have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you and I have appointed and placed and purposefully planted you, so that you would go and bear fruit and keep on bearing, and that your fruit will remain and be lasting, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name [as My representative] He may give to you."

The part that Satan uses against me is my very low self-esteem.  My constant fight is against weight gain and what I think people think of me. A total lie because people don't even know me, let along look at me.

Once you fall into this trap of insecurity, Satan has a load of other tricks up his sleeve to make your life more difficult. You start believing that you aren't good enough. You starve yourself because people tell you are fat.

I decided to stop this for once and for all, I will not accept this manipulation any longer. God created me and called me by my name, I am His. [Isaiah 43: 1] I am fearfully and wonderfully made [Psalm 139: 14] and God's thoughts towards me outnumber the grains of sand [Psalm 139: 17 - 18].
Keep in mind that God works for my good through all circumstances [Romans 8: 28].  Confess this: "I am God's workmanship [Ephesians 2: 10].

Yes, I struggled with this problem for a very long time, and every now and again Satan pops in reminding me that he believes I am useless junk. Sometimes, I forget and nurse the thought until I realize who I am in Christ.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, today I want to put on the whole armour of God and never take it off in Jesus Christ’s Name. I stand against the schemes of the devil. I realize that my battle isn’t against flesh and blood, but against the rules, against the authorities, against the cosmic power over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. I fasten the belt of truth and put on the breastplate of righteousness, and as shoes for my feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. In all circumstances taking up the shield of faith, with which I can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one and placing the helmet of salvation over my head, with the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God. I stand up against you in the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...