Monday 26 February 2018

Are you brokenhearted?


Psalm 147: 3 (AMP)
“He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [healing their pain and comforting their sorrow].”

I doubt there is anybody that can heal a broken hearted person. I was a person that was truly broken hearted. The person I trusted the most was the person that broke me. Today I have forgiven that person; it took me forever to get over the pain and abuse.

People who struggle with a broken heart tend to try and cover it up. I would pretend that everything was going well when in fact my life was in total havoc. I have heard someone say you are responsible for the “look on your face.” It’s true I used to carry my heart on my sleeve. People would notice something was wrong.

It took me a very, very long time to forgive this person and it still pains me to think of the things I had to endure. My character was being molded and I was changing.

The only place I still find solace is with the LORD. I had to learn a very specific lesson, I must not allow evil to conquer me but I must stand firm in doing good even if I wanted to get even [Romans 12: 21]. I also had to learn to trust God’s love, He loves me unconditionally and He forgave me all my sins [1 John 4: 8]. Each day is a learning curve in my own life, each day I draw closer to God. Each day I want a new experience in my life, God loves me and HE is working in my life right now.
Finding out who I am in Christ is changing my perspective on God’s love for me. He loves me and has called me by my name, I belong to Him, so do you. Don’t turn away from God, turn back to Him, let Him heal your broken heart. I implore you in Jesus Christ’s name.

Prayer

Lord God, I want to pray and ask that You will heal our broken hearts, some of us are faced with truly difficult situations in our lives. Help us to draw near to You especially in our pain. Help us to focus on Your word, teaching us to forgive and know that You truly love each one of us unconditionally. Until we grasp the fact that You love us unconditionally we will struggle to become healed. Forgive us, we have little faith. Please, Holy Spirit heals our broken hearts in the Name of the Lord Jesus Christ, Amen.

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...