Tuesday 27 February 2018

God will bring you down a peg.


Proverbs 8: 13 (AMP)
“The [reverent] fear and worshipful awe of the LORD includes the hatred of evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way, and the perverted mouth, I hate.”


Take it from me, don't think you can judge people and get away with it. God will bring you down a peg. The funny thing is I never really seem to learn.

God hates people who are filled with pride and are arrogant. Here are two life experiences I can share with you today on being arrogant and prideful. I was sitting in church and I had the cheek to think badly of an anointed man from God. I looked at him while he was praying and thought to myself, you hypocrite.

Nothing happened to me at that stage but a week later, I had a bleeding stomach and wouldn't go and see a doctor. I walked with the bleeding stomach for probably 4 weeks. I realized my mistake and confessed my sin before God asking Him for His forgiveness. I set the anointed man of God free and repented. I was healed. No jokes.

In the other event, I said to someone "I am blessed and you aren't" oh my goodness what a terrible mistake. God absolutely hates a haughty person and I was so full of myself you won't believe. I was sick for a long time again.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I humbly pray Lord God, please forgive me I do forget that You are Holy and that You are all knowing. I also forget that You hate arrogance and people full of pride. I made a mistake in thinking I am all that and more. I have failed You and I have fallen on my face again. Humbly I ask You to forgive me. In the Holy Name of the Lord Jesus Christ Amen


Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...