Tuesday 13 February 2018

2 Invaluable Reasons for Risk-Taking


Matthew 25: 21 (NIV)His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’”

Risk-taking is something successful people do on a daily basis. I only learned that much later in my own life. I was one of the people who actually “played it safe.” I would look at a situation and realize it may have some risks. I wouldn’t risk something I couldn’t predict the outcome of.

The first thing I realized is that no matter what we do, we are going to give an account of what we did here on earth whether we believe it or not. I was challenged to write my book after many years, in fact, 18 years to be precise. My husband is my best motivator. I must tell you it took me a long time to get it done but I managed to do it.

The first invaluable reason for risk-taking is learning from your own mistakes. I wrote my first book and I am planning on writing another. I have learned there are a number of things that need to take place for the book to be published and I also am learning there are much more to come. Here I see the two guys in Matthew 25 the one received 2 talents and made another 2 talents and then the guy with the 5 talents made another 5 talents. We see that the master said “Well done, good and faithful servant!”

The second invaluable reason for risk-taking is learning that you won’t get it right the first time. You need to persevere and hang in there. I believe the third guy in Matthew 25 slipped up here, he received 1 talent and because he was afraid of his master he felt it was better to burier the talent. Big mistake on his part, he missed out on the opportunity to better himself. So from my own point of view, we need risk-taking to help us grow and move forward.

In closing let me tell you that yes life comes at us with all kinds of interesting things but we are to make sure we try anyway. What you and I don’t realize is that at the end of the day we are going to give an account of what we had done with all our talents. You won't miss this appointment with God whether you believe in Him or not. You know that you are going to die, and you are going to see God on judgment day.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Lord thank You for all the talents and gifts You have entrusted to me. Please let me do my best and never disappoint You. I humbly pray in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Follow me on Twitter







No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...