Friday 23 February 2018

The Marriage Covenant


Ephesians 5: 25; 33 (NASB)
“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her,” 
“Nevertheless, each individual among you also is to love his own wife even as himself, and the wife must see to it that she respects her husband.”

1 Peter 3: 7 
“You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.”


Marriage is a covenant before God with two people. We started our relationship before we got married. So when you get married I think you would have been in a relationship for a long time. You get to know each other and after a lot of chatting you get to the point where you decide that marriage is the next step.

I see that husbands need to love their wives as Christ loved the Church. Wives need to love their own husband and it is also recorded that they should respect their husbands. On this point, I have to say that we need to respect each other. Without respect, our lives will fall apart. Love drives us and makes us do all kinds of things, but love and respect are important we cannot go without the two.

We are weaker than our husbands and they need to be there for us, they are our support system. When facing problems we need them in our lives. I can be so selfish at times and I forget that I need to share with my husband. I realized that God has sent the Holy Spirit to help me. I need to be sensitive to the needs of my husband.

My husband constantly reminds me, be the change you want to see. He loves peace and quiet but he doesn’t always win in that respect. Too many different personalities.

Prayer
Heavenly Father please keep me safe and sound, help me to be sensitive to my husband’s needs, help me not to disrespect him and always consider his needs above my own. Bless our home and bless him today. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...