Tuesday 27 February 2018

Jesus calms the sea!


Mark 4: 39 ESV
“And he awoke and rebuked the wind and said to the sea, “Peace! Be still!” And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.”

Jesus calms a storm. Sometimes things don’t always pan out the way I planned them. I am reminded of something that happened over the weekend. I love baking and I had baked a couple of cakes, to my horror and disappointment the one cake collapsed. I was so upset and angry because that meant I had to bake another and this would mean I lost all my profit on the cake.

I was so upset that by the time I went to bed, my peptic ulcer started up. I couldn’t fall asleep and to top it off I started to sneeze. Today I have a full blown “cold” which isn’t very pleasant. My head is stuffy and my ears feel like I can hear you speaking through a tunnel. My throat is sore and I have sinus.

What I have learned from this experience is God allows thing even small things to happen in our lives to see what we do. Our reactions and how we relate to others. Mine wasn’t very pleasant and I am bearing the consequences of that today.

I have repented but the consequence of my actions has to be accepted and I must get through this with the help of medication. I believe the Lord is teaching me to be kind, compassionate and most importantly have loads of patience.

Prayer

Humbly heavenly Father, I come into Your presence today. I have sinned against You and others. I allowed my pride to come between myself and You, I was boasting and make it all my own success when in fact You need all the glory and honour. Thank You that I am able to come and repent and thank You that You have forgiven me. Bless the people who bought the cake, may it be a blessing to their lives and the people that eat it with them. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Amen

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...