Tuesday 6 April 2021

Generation Z

by Yvette van Niekerk



Psalm 51: 10 Living Bible

"Create in me a new, clean heart, O God, filled with clean thoughts and right desires."

I have come to realize that most young people want authenticity. The real deal so to speak, I know I hate it when I have to deal with fake people. You never really know where you stand with a person who acts and isn't true to themselves or other people around them. I read that CNBC did a survey showing that 67% of Generation Z agrees to be true to one's values and beliefs make that person cool. Speaking from my own experience I appreciate it when a person is real and pure.

I am working on my attitude towards people in general by putting other people above me. I do not want to hurt anybody and I try to make them feel more important than myself. I told my husband over the weekend that I would do anything for my children because I hardly see them and will go out of my way so that I do not offend or hurt their feelings. I realise that I am not perfect. Here is the catch I need to stay honest to myself so that God can transform my heart.

The Message 2 Corinthians 7 verse 1 "With promises like this to pull us on, dear friends, let's make a clean break with everything that defiles or distracts us, both within and without. Let's make our entire lives fit and holy temples for the worship of God."

Keeping God's word close to me I am trying to purify my own life. I want to make sure that I am acceptable and that my body and spirit isn't contaminated. Working towards perfecting holiness out of reverence for God. My prayer remains the same as Psalm 51 where King David prayers "create in me a pure heart Lord, and renew within me a steadfast spirit." I am constantly exposed to the filthy and corrupted world around me, TV and Radio etc. I need God's help to be authentic and pure.

Reflect: God's Word washes me and cleanses my heart and mind. I want to be pure at heart and not a hypocrite who is deceitful and only Jesus can help me stay authentic.

I have asked my husband to check me if I am acting in a role that isn't authentic he should point it out to me. It is my prayer that God will also show me through the Holy Spirit when I am acting like a hypocrite.

Prayer

Dear Father God, please transform this body of mine, to be more like the Lord Jesus Christ. I know Jesus died and rose from the grave for me. Help me to draw near to You each day, create in me a pure heart and a steadfast spirit. Help me in glorifying You Lord and please pour out Your grace over my life today. Father, I surrender my life into Your hands and I come as I am. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...