Sunday 25 April 2021

#double-minded?

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

April 25

Double-minded?


James 4: 8 (NIV)

8 "Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded."


  Have you ever heard someone telling you they are going to do something specific and, in the same sentence, decide not to do it? Honestly, I have, and it seems these people are speaking out of both sides of their mouths. What happened? I think they are uncertain, and when circumstances change, they change too.


To the double-minded person, be careful of what you are saying. When it comes to God's Word, we must come in agreement with what the Word of God is saying. I want to encourage you today to keep on speaking words of faith and keep in accord with the Bible. Keep on watering your faith with the Word of God, and see how it grows. In the New King James Version Psalm 34 verse 15 and 17 it says: "The eyes of the Lord are on me, and His ears are open to my cry ... When I cry out, the Lord hears, and delivers me out of all my troubles."


Prayer


Father God, today I pray let the Words that You speak into my life be watered by my studying Your Bible. Guide me and teach me going forward. Please place a guard over my mouth, preventing me from speaking out of both sides of it. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...