Monday 19 April 2021

Banner

by Yvette van Niekerk



 April 19

A banner.


Isaiah 8: 10 (NIV)


10 "Devise your strategy, but it will be thwarted; propose your plan, but it will not stand, for God is with us."


  So a banner is something like a flag; it shows your nation or nationality. The Jews have banners which they use in battle. Today I want to lift my Banner of the Lord my God and ask Him to help me stand against the fiery darts of the devil. Trials and tribulations come to each one of us.


I believe this is to strengthen our faith and help us turn to God. When we believe and trust in the Lord, we lift our banners and show people we are standing on God's Word. The Lord wants to be there for us when we call and believe that He is faithful to His Word.


I am sure He will work things out. I remember something happened and suddenly I had a result which was in my favour. We all need God's supernatural favour in our lives, and by trusting in Him, we can lift His banner over our lives today.


Prayer


Lord God, the devise and strategies that come against me, I want to thwart them with the power of the Holy Spirit today. I believe God You have a proposal and plan for my life. I think if You are all I have, then Lord, I have everything. Today I pray, please help me control my thinking, I place a guard over my mouth and mind in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...