Wednesday 21 April 2021

#love

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

April 21

Love


Lamentations 3: 22 – 23 (NIV)

22 "Because of the Lord's great love, we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. 23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."


  I think we view our own lives through rose-coloured glasses. But, have you thought of how much God must love you? In Lamentations, we read this declaration of God's great love, of His compassion, which he shows towards us every day. I am reminded that love never fails, according to God's Word. Jesus founded His Empire upon love, and today millions of people still die for Him. We must love each other, encourage each other, pray for each other, be of service to each other. In showing love, we need to accept each other and honour each other, bearing others burdens, forgiving each other, all this is under the word love.


Remember expressing love isn't a sign of weakness. To love your husband, children, or other people, you have to give yourself completely, making you very vulnerable. You may be rejected and hurt, but with this kind of love, You are in Godly places.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I want to pray that You will fill me with the Holy Spirit and help me to love unconditionally, the same way You loved me. Please, Lord, keep me from falling into the trap of selfishness and teach me how to love. In the Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...