Friday 9 April 2021

Common Good, Wisdom and Knowledge

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

April 9

Common Good, Wisdom and Knowledge.


1 Corinthians 12: 7-8 (NIV)


7" Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good. 8 To one there is given through the Spirit a message of wisdom, to another a message of knowledge using the same Spirit."


  The Holy Spirit imparts specific gifts for specific purposes. As seen in our passage above, someone with a distinctive character receives these gifts—new power to do the Lord's work. The message of wisdom to us is something said at the right time for the right reasons. Our manner of approach in any given situation is essential.


My mom always told me of the sense of occasion, watching my mouth, and being mindful of my fellow man. I have learned to pick the right moment before I try and advise people; this only comes through wisdom revealed by the Spirit.


Prayer


Abba Father, Please Lord, give us the wisdom and knowledge and guide us with the manifestation of the Spirit in our lives. We pray, please help us to do the common good and to be able to give a message of wisdom when required. Also, the Lord provides us with wisdom and knowledge at the right time. In Jesus Name, we pray, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...