Thursday 8 April 2021

Service and Work

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

April 8

Service and Work


1 Corinthians 12: 5-6 (NIV)


5 "There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. 6 There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and everyone it is the same God at work."


  Many of us hesitate to speak about Christ to other people, but if we do, they may convert to Christianity. On receiving the Holy Spirit into my life, I have accepted God Himself. I believe the Holy Spirit makes God a living reality. Keeping in mind this passage is referring to our different services we will perform for God in the church. Armed with our different working, we can be of service to God and people in our ministries.


Once we receive these gifts, we can speak a word of wisdom and to another prophecy. The list is endless but necessary for the upliftment of the church and service to God. Our ministries and service are diverse, and every person has a different calling. May the Lord through the Holy Spirit reveal to you your working and service today.


Prayer


Heavenly Father, please send Your Holy Spirit into our lives today. We pray that You will reveal to each of us the gifts we need to serve You. Where we lack wisdom, please will You give us understanding. Please lead us going forward through the Holy Spirit in Jesus Christ's name.

Amen


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...