Thursday 22 April 2021

#hope

by Yvette van Niekerk



 April 22

Hope


Romans 8: 24 – 25

24 "For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently."


  Hope is the expectation that something great is going to happen. This reminded me of something when I was going through a really difficult time, and there was no way I could do something. I would believe and hope for a specific thing.


There was this beautiful blouse that I kept my eye on for several months; each time I would walk by, I was hoping to buy it. One day I stood in the shop and purchased this specific blouse; I had managed to save enough cash for the blouse, and to top it off, it was on Sale.


Ephesians One verses, 18 says: "By having the eyes of my heart flooded with light, I can know and understand the hope of which He has called me, and how rich is His glorious inheritance in the saints (His set-apart ones)."


Prayer


Lord this hope we have in You may we live our lives to the fulfilment of Your will, as saved Children of God. Thank You, Lord, for lifting us. Bless each one of us today. In Jesus Name, amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...