Sunday 11 April 2021

Carbon Copy of Jesus

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

April 11

Carbon Copy of Jesus.


2 Corinthians 3:18 (NIV)


18 "And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."


  How can I become a carbon copy of the Lord Jesus? People need to commit their lives to Jesus. On receiving the Holy Spirit, we are now able to see the glory of the Lord. Our spiritual journey begins every morning. We take time out to develop our relationship with Jesus. Once we are in this relationship, transformation takes place. This process takes time, but thanks to the Holy Spirit, who is there to encourage us and guide us, we can see God's glory.


The how? I believe in reading my Bible and prayer and learning what the Lord Jesus has done on earth. Find out His characteristics and imitating Him. We need to rid ourselves of the own-me attitude and discover the love of Jesus in the Bible.


Prayer


Lord Jesus, today I want to pray for guidance, my relationship with You needs work. I am often sidetracked and busy before I realize it. Lord Jesus, I want to be your carbon copy. As I start today, I pray for wisdom, understanding, and knowledge. I am drawing near to You, please Holy Spirit fill my life today. In the name of Jesus Christ. 

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...