Wednesday 7 April 2021

Spiritual Gifts

by Yvette van Niekerk


 

April 7

Spiritual Gifts


1 Corinthians 12:4 (NIV)


4 "There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them."


  Once you became a Christian and accepted the Lord Jesus as your saviour, you receive the Holy Spirit. If you received the prophetic gift, you might say something to this extent: "See that happens when you don't pay attention." This person is convicting you to show you what's wrong. 


Someone could have a serving gift and would say, "Can I help you clean, it might go a little faster." She wants to meet practical needs.


There may be someone who received a teaching gift, and they might say, "The reason you dropped the glasses was the tray was lopsided." They want to clarify the truth. Someone with the gift of exhortation would say, "the next time we buy fruit, let us not forget about the yoghurt." They want to give a practical solution to the problem. My daughter has the gift of giving. She cannot help herself when someone is in need; she tries to help them. My friend has the gift of mercy, and when she sees someone has been hurt, she will give them a hug trying to console them.


Prayer


Heavenly Father, we know with all the Spiritual Gifts, we can only operate in the presence of the Holy Spirit. This function is working in our churches and with our congregation. Bless each one of us so we can be a blessing to our friends and family, in the name of Jesus Christ. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...