Friday 13 August 2021

Do you have Idols in your lide?

by Yvette van Niekerk
August 13 Do you have Idols in your life? Psalm 115: 8 (NLT) 8 "And those who make idols are just like them, as are all who trust in them." O, my God, I am guilty of idolizing people; I am guilty of idolizing my children and my family. What can they do for me? Help me in times of need, but are they able to get me to heaven? No. We are all guilty of idolizing someone or something in our lives. The harsh reality is that God hates idols; God reminds us to trust in the Lord! The Lord is our helper and our shield. Take the time to think about the things and people you idolize repent of your sin and pray, asking the Lord God to forgive you. Turn back to God, remember God is the one who blesses you, God is your shield of protection, God is your helper, and God looks after you and your children and their children. We must trust and believe in the Lord our God; He is blessing each of us every day. Call on Him. Prayer Heavenly Father let us not fall into the trap of idolizing everything on earth and forgetting about the most important person in our carnal lives. You are so awesome, and we praise You, we idolize and worship You, Lord. Keep our hearts, minds and souls focused on You. In the Holy Name of Jesus, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...