Thursday 12 August 2021

My Promises in the Bible

By Yvette van Niekerk
My Promises in the Bible “You shall not go out with haste.” Isaiah 52: 12 NKJV If you know me, you will know that I am someone that reacts immediately. I’m under pressure and will do the job now. Without even considering the outcome, fortunately, God is watching over me and I have come to a point in my life where I realise I need to take a breath. I need to stop my action right away and pray about what I’m about to do. If I take a moment to reflect and think about what God has in store for me, I can hear Him saying “Yvette, you shall not go out with haste … for the Lord will go before you, and … be your rear guard.” This has been a revelation to me lately. I am very impulsive and it has cost me dearly. I am standing on God’s promises for me today, He said: “Yvette, you shall not go out with haste.” I seem to make many wrong turns lately but God has been so merciful towards me that He reminds me: “Yvette, you can make your plans, but the Lord determines your steps.” Proverbs 16 verse 9. The truth is I don’t always allow God to overturn my decision and reroute my steps. I seem to have this stubborn streak and will bump my head a few times before I realise God is trying to reroute me. I forgot God can help me when I feel stressed out and my burdens are so much to bear. I need to remind myself God speaks to me through His word: “Yvette, give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.” Psalm 55 verse 22. Prayer Dear Father God, today I have come to realise that nothing in my life is coincident. I also know that I should reprioritise my life in order to hear directly from You, through the Bible and Your Holy Spirit. Today I sacrifice my less important things and I want to tune into hearing Your voice. I know in my heart of hearts You are very important to me. I am drawing closer to You, please guard my mouth, help me to speak graciously and attractively as You have instructed me. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...