Tuesday 10 August 2021

God loves a cheerful giver!

by Yvette van Niekerk
God loves a cheerful giver! 2 Corinthians 9: 6 - 8 "Remember this: The person who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and the person who sows generously will also reap generously. Each person should do as he has decided in his heart - not reluctantly or out of necessity, for God loves a cheerful giver. And God is able to make every grace overflow to you, so that in every way, always having everything you need, you may excel in every good work." I know when it comes to money many people think no way, I work hard for my money and I'm not giving it away. To support the church financially sounds darn right hard. I used to think I don't have money to give and I used to hold onto my cash. It was hard times and I just couldn't think of giving. But as I grow older I realised something. God gives me enough every day to get through to tomorrow. Why can't I give back to Him? I made a conscious decision in giving my tithe every time I receive money. Believe me, I don't have a stable income and I really do not have a lot of money. But I have seen how faithful God is by providing my every need. I think you just need to start somewhere, you know give a little and get into the spirit of trusting that God is going to supply according to your needs. I've heard that in church 80 percent of the people do support the work of the Pastor. Can you imagine if each person only gave R5 each time they attended the service. Let us say there are 100 churches goes in my church. This means that the church received R500 per month. If this continues the church receives R6,000 per year. It's not that much but keep in mind the church building needs to be maintained, the Pastor needs to have an income and other costs need to be covered. This money definitely would help the church. I believe once you've experienced the joy of giving to the Lord through your local church, I feel you will want to give as much as you can rather than worrying about how much you must give. Remember, God loves a cheerful giver. Come on, let us get started and support our churches financially. Prayer Thank You, Lord God, that I can give what I can and I enjoy giving because I know it's to honor You. I don't have any other means to honor You and this is my way of showing You I love You, Lord. My life isn't worth much especially without You. May our hearts be cheerful in giving and helping each other as well as the local church we attend. Bless each one of us and let the Holy Spirit imprint this in our hearts. We want to be cheerful givers to honor You Lord, God Almighty. In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...