Wednesday 18 August 2021

"He was called God's friend."

by Yvette van Niekerk
August 17 "He was called God's friend." James 2: 23 (NIV) 23 "And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness, and he was called God's friend." I don't have many friends; I have a couple whom I hold dear to my heart. We visit and chat and enjoy a cup of tea and eat cake. I was talking about things we don't want to discuss with our families because sometimes we need someone unbiased. I believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and because I feel that I am God's child, I think that we are friends too. This makes the path straight for me to be able to speak to God about things in my own life and circumstances I cannot deal with. My friends always help me when times are tough, and I don't always have great solutions. As I sit here, I realize that God is there for me, He never leaves me, and He never forsakes me. Awesome Lord, what a privilege to be able to call You my friend God. Thank You. Prayer Lord God friends are challenging to find, and I believe You are my friend, thank You, Lord, for hearing me today. Thank You that I can confide in You and know that You have my best interest at heart. I love You, Lord God, in the Holy Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...