Friday 6 August 2021

What are the causes for a Christain to backslide?

by Yvette van Niekerk
Romans 11: 33 "Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to undertand his deceisions and his ways!" I believe that when a Christian starts to backslide it's because of a lack of passion for the Word of God. This person tends to neglect to spend time with God and, practices of faith such as prayer and worshipping God. We start overlooking the simplest aspect of our faith with results in us becoming shallow souls. Ephesians 3: 8 "Though I am the least deserving of all God's people, he graciously gave me the privilege of telling the Gentiles about the endless treasures available to them in Christ." Becoming self-centred and not thinking and meditating on the Word of God, is when our souls start to shrink. Compromising, trying to fit into the standards of the world, this is one of the most difficult positions I have found myself in, my soul felt so conflicted. Another aspect of backsliding is when I started to focus on my natural talents and focusing on my abilities alone. I Believed that I am self-sufficient and not trusting in the Lord Jesus. Because of Covid-19 we all face the problem of becoming disconnected from our community and relationships. Making us so selfish (https://youtu.be/6Lypu1vlcrg) I have noticed that the current generation have become very dishonoring, there seems to be me only attitude. Overlooking the work that needs to be done, this is the unsupported person. You know that you have backslide to the extent that you cannot be around other ethnic people, then you isolate yourself from them. I feel this is a hard take when you look at your life and come to realise where you find yourself. I know its not easy going forward but Im happy to stop, take a deep breath and start over. The key to changing my perspective in life is to change the direction my life is going in. I realise that I am a sinful person and that I need to repent of my wilfulness. The truth of the matter is that I didnt stay at the Lords feet and that is why I find myself in this position. I humbly pray Lord Jesus, please forgive me, I am but a woman with avery stubborn streek. Forgive me, Lord I have sinned against You my God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...