Tuesday 14 April 2020

Anger issues ~ Lockdown



 

1 Samuel 16: 23 AMP

23 So it came about that whenever the [evil] spirit from God was on Saul, David took a harp and played it with his hand; so Saul would be refreshed and be well, and the evil spirit would leave him.

 

I feel sorry for the women and children during this time of Lockdown. It's clear that married couples are not communicating with each other, and their spouses (men or women) have anger issues. They aren't talking to one another and, most of the time, grab a bottle of some sort to ease the pressure they may be facing. An evil spirit has taken hold of them, and now there is underlying anger that is chasing them. The slightest thing can set them off. 

What can we do to stop these angry outbursts? Just remember we are in a battle for our marriages. It's so easy to say pray about the situation you are facing, I know I was there. But, keep in mind God is more powerful than you think. I believe if you can take control over your own emotions and pray, asking God to help you stay calm, you have a fighting chance. Especially asking God to help you in not striking back.

On this note, please, I do not agree with abuse, if you are facing any sort of abuse, get out. It's just not worth it. God didn't create us to be abused. No.

These times are even worse, how to deal with people who just do not respect you? If you are being abused, phone and report it to anyone who is listening, don't let this go unheard.
Seek Godly people who can counsel you. 

Prayer
Dear Lord, Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, help me to always see the best in my husband. We both need to become slaves of righteousness. Help us never to use anger as a weapon against one other. Lord help us to see the best in each other. Stop us from constantly complaining and let us see the good in each other. Take all anger from us and teach us to love each other. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
                                       

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...