Sunday 12 April 2020

He is Risen!



Happy, Happy Easter




Luke 24: 5 AMP, "and as the women were terrified and were bowing their faces to the ground, the men said to them, "Why are you looking for the living One among the dead?"

[Jesus] is the greatest influence in the world today. W H Griffith Thomas

The traditions of the people in the life of Jesus, long ago are still very compelling. I believe when the women went to the grave to care for the Lord's body, they didn't expect to find the stone rolled away. On their arrival, they found out Jesus was gone. It must have frightened the woman seeing the angels. To top it off, they asked them why are you looking for the living among the dead? The angels then told the woman that Jesus is alive, that death had not contained Him. Imagine that the Lord is still our Lord, and life will never be the same again. I think the woman ran to tell the other disciples that the Lord Jesus is alive, but probably only realized it when talking about what they experience. Most people have delayed shock, and I'm sure they were also suffering from delayed trauma. The Lord Jesus doesn't dwell in cemeteries but sits on the right hand of God the Father. Did you get that?

Well, we all know that we have been celebrating the Risen Lord for as long as I can remember. The thing is, does it still wow me?

Before I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Lord and Savior, I used to read the Bible as a historical book. You know I know many stories in the Bible in the age of the ancient. When did the pages of this historical book come to life? The day I accepted the Lord Jesus as my Lord.  I am still learning to listen to the Lord Jesus so that I can grow spiritually.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, in the Bible, You are my perfect example, I not only want to imitate You, but I do want to listen and hear You speak into my life today. Lord Jesus, You are the substance, of my life, of my faith.  Thank You for being the living sacrifice and High Priest. Lord Jesus, You are my leader. Please forgive me when I look for the living among the dead. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...