Tuesday 21 April 2020

Selfish People



"Providence is the care
God takes of
all existing things. 
John of Damascus

With this Lock-down in South Africa, I am not sure how I feel about people stealing from the poor. I saw a notice on Facebook that showing one person in a position of authority makes decisions for the underprivileged. Race discrimination is enormous and shameful.  But then I realized that this person does not believe in God or Jesus Christ. This person is probably corrupt and is self-centered.

Psalm 145: 16 AMP
 "You open Your hand and satisfy the desire of every living thing."

The Lord Jesus said that God takes care of the birds in the sky and the flowers in the fields, He also takes care of us. Then why are there so many people struggling? I think that it is because there aren't people in authority that genuinely serves the Living God. They do not seek God's righteousness or His kingdom.

I believe God is supplying me according to my needs. I can be sure He cares for me. We need to pray that our country, especially people who are in authority, commit their lives to Jesus Christ.
Matthew 6 verses, 33 "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

Prayer

Heaven Father, today I want to pray for our country and the people who are in authority. I want to pray that You will speak into their hearts through the Holy Spirit, turn them from their selfish ways, and let them seek first Your Kingdom and Your Righteousness so that Your Will be done here in our land. In the Name of Jesus Christ, I pray Amen.

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer




No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...