Tuesday 14 April 2020

Prayer for today



Along time ago I read in one of my books of a Sunday School Teacher who taught her children to throw one of their shoes underneath the bed before going to sleep at night.

So that in the morning when they get up, they would look for the shoe and remember to say their prayers. Wow, that is so cute.

Prayer I believe is the sustenance to our spiritual lives. Without prayer we cannot make it through the day.

The Psalms reminds me of our souls thirsting for the Lord our God. When should we be praying as often as we can? In everything we do. 

Psalm 42: 1 – 2 AMP
Book Two
Thirsting for God in Trouble and Exile.
To the Chief Musician. A skillful song, or a didactic or reflective poem, of the sons of Korah.
42 As the deer pants [longingly] for the water brooks,
 So my soul pants [longingly] for You, O God.
 My soul (my life, my inner self) thirsts for God, for the living God. When will I come and see the face of God?

The Bible says “Devote yourself to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving.” Only when I am in God’s presence drawing strength from Him, can I make it through today. I feel alone and without hope if I don’t come before Him.

Prayer Heavenly Father, Lord please give us a pure heart, so that we may see You, a humbly heart so we can hear You, and a loving heart so we can serve You. Lord give us a heart of faith so we can live with You. Lord, I bring my family and friends before You, asking for protection and saving. Amen


Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...