Wednesday 22 April 2020

Praise God in Lockdown!




I don't know if you feel the same way I do, but this Lockdown feels like such a restriction that I feel it's hard to imagine waiting one more second for it to be lifted. I know we need to wait and be patent trusting that God is faithful and knows what to do. The Government is doing what is necessary for my own protection, even though I feel it's too hard.

Acts 16: 25 – 26 AMP "But about midnight when Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns of praise to God, and the prisoners were listening to them; suddenly there was a great earthquake, so [powerful] that the very foundations of the prison were shaken and at once all the doors were opened and everyone's chains were unfastened."

Both the apostles Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to the Lord, praising Him. We see the two apostles are placed in the inner prison by their jailer, and their feet were placed in stocks. They weren't going anywhere soon. Still, in this time, they didn't focus on the mess they found themselves in, no they praised the Lord. An earthquake broke open the doors of the prisoner, and their chains fell off them. See, the Lord worked suddenly to the advantage of both the Apostles Paul and Silas. They waited on the Lord, expectantly, and patiently, God broke through for them.

Prayer

Father God, in the name of Jesus Christ, I come to You humbly asking to help me face this mess I feel I am in. I am expecting relief, and I choose to praise You while I think I am in this prison of Lockdown. I know You can free me suddenly and that You will come through in Your perfect timing. Thank You, Lord Jesus, Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...