Tuesday 7 April 2020

People are gripped by the spirit of fear today.


                                       


Isaiah 54: 17 AMP "No weapon that is formed again you will succeed, and every tongue that rises against you in judgment you will condemn. This [peace, righteousness, security, and triumph over opposition] is the heritage of the servant of the Lord and this is their vindication from Me," says the Lord."

I realized with this COVID-19 pandemic, so many people are gripped by the spirit of fear today. A fear that is paralyzing and people seem to have lost their purpose and destiny. Losing sight of what God's desire is for our futures.

Psalm 55: 17 - 18 AMP "Evening and morning and at noon, I will complain and murmur, and He will hear my voice. He has redeemed my life in peace from the battle that was against me, for there were many against me."

The devil has this potent weapon, fear, and he is wielding it against each of us today. Fear is one of his tactics to get us away from our destiny. The COVID-19 threat is all over the world, and people are in "lockdown" no one is allowed to even go to work. I believe the cross is available to all, and the Lord Jesus Christ can set all of us free. Do you think that we can call on the Holy Spirit? I believe the power of the Holy Spirit can bring down all these walls of fear that are surrounding every one of us. 

Acts 10: 34 AMP Gentiles Hear Good News
"Opening his mouth, Peter said: "Most certainly I understand now that God is not one to show partiality [to people as though Gentiles were excluded from God's blessing],"

I also think that we must have a real foundation that is genuine and intimate with the Holy Spirit. I do not believe we can win this battle without a real relationship with the Holy Spirit. We need to be deeply rooted in the Holy Spirit to overcome this battle of fear. When the Lord Jesus went to heaven, He promised us the Comforter, Holy Spirit. Losing track of the Peron the Holy Spirit. Leaving us open for attack by the devil. We must build our relationship with the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8: 37 AMP "Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors and gain an overwhelming victory through Him who loved us [so much that He died for us]."

The Lord Jesus kept His promise and sent us the Holy Spirit to help us. We need to know the Holy Spirit personally and also know who He is in our lives. God wants us to live a life full of the Holy Spirit. Only He can give us victory.

Prayer

Lord Jesus, I receive Your Holy Spirit in my life today, I put on the whole armor of God and the Holy Spirit. Who is in me, on me and working through me. Thank You, Lord, Amen.



Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...