Thursday 16 April 2020

You’re not going to work anytime soon!


Jeremiah 29: 7 AMP
“Seek peace and well-being for the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its peace (well-being) you will have peace.”

Right now, the lock-down isn’t a place where I want to be. I feel restricted and shut-in. I never thought there would be a day in my life that I had to stay home. I am at home anyway, but even still, this isn’t the ideal. Now, I have come to realize God has a word for me: “You are not going anywhere soon, so change your attitude and make the best of it.” Seriously, that isn’t what I actually wanted to hear. 

What are we going to do? There is an answer to that question too, I need to pray for peace and prosperity, and that is for myself, my family, and my friends.

And then to top it all off, I can hear my daughter saying: “Mommy, you are where God wants you to be.” So instead of sitting around hoping my circumstances are going to change, I might as well start doing stuff.  

So what now, I will be happy and content in whatever situation I find myself. I won’t sit around moping all day long; I can contribute to this life. My circumstance doesn’t rule my life, and I place that in God’s hands.

Prayer 

Lord, thank you for today, thank You for the time I have at home. Help me to stay focused on Your Word, teach me to be kind, understanding, and forgiving. Help me to consider people in my life and treat them with the loving-kindness You treat me. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer.

Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk or Kellan PublishingFacebookTwitterLinkedInInstagramPinterestStumble UponGod’s Orchid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...