Friday 3 April 2020

What's that perfume you are wearing?




I once read that in ancient times the Roman army would parade their defeated enemies through the streets in shackles. And part of the celebrations they also burned incense on altars throughout the city, filling the air with perfume.

2 Corinthians 2:15-16 (AMP)

15 "For we are the sweet fragrance of Christ [which ascends] to God, [discernible both] among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; 16 to the latter one an aroma from death to death [a fatal, offensive odor], but to the other an aroma from life to life [a vital fragrance, living and fresh]. And who is adequate and sufficiently qualified for these things?"

When the people in the city who didn't see the marching soldiers. They actually could smell and hear the victory of the Romans soldiers. 

Can you imagine if you and I were to permeate the fragrance of the Lord Jesus, and when you walked past people, and they would say, "What is that perfume you are wearing?" I would love to be tuned-in totally to the Lord Jesus. I have seen people who have been married for a very long time look alike. They talk the same and look the same. So here's the thing if that is true for married people, why can't we start to look and speak the same as the Lord Jesus. 

Prayer

Lord Jesus, as the Apostle Paul wrote, "thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him." Please, Lord, I would like to spread the fragrance of the knowledge of You in my own life. In the Name of Jesus Christ. Amen

Yvette van Niekerk

Get your copy of Daily Devotional Ebenezer
Follow me on my Kellan Publishing author page, my blog at Yvette van Niekerk  or Kellan Publishing ; Facebook; Twitter; LinkedIn; Instagram; Pinterest; Stumble Upon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

God give me the power to become All You made me to be.

Grant me the strength, O God, to manifest the fullness of your design for me. As I venture into new territories, I am uncertain about the s...